Sunday, July 09, 2006

Time flies!

In one month my husband and I will be grandparents for the first time. Our daughter and her husband are expecting their first baby due August 9. It seemed a long way off when we received the exciting news in December. Time has a way of sneaking up on us. Needless to say, we are VERY excited.

It has been fun being on this journey with our daughter. I remember when we were expecting her about 27 years ago. Of course we didn't know if it was going to be a boy or girl like they can find out these days. Not knowing was all a part of the anticipation. I also don't remember talking with my mom about my doctors appointments, how I was feeling, what was going on with my body, etc. Life is different now and I am glad. I love sharing this exciting time in my daughters life. I just wish we were closer. It's along way from the Oregon coast to Colorado.

No comments: